October 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
(Pictures to come!)
For the Glutenfree & Wholegrain Oat Bread;
- 450 grams of Gluten Free Oat Bran
- 200 grams of Flax Seeds
- 100 grams of Sunflower Seeds
- 100 grams of Sesame Seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons of Himalayan Salt
- 2.5 deciliter of Oat Milk Kefir*
- 5 deciliter of regular Oat Milk
- 20 grams of Psyllium Husks
Just mix all ingredients well together in a baking bowl, and pour the dough into a baking-sheet covered bread pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes in a preheated oven holding 200 degrees Celsius. Enjoy with your spread of choice!
*For the Oat Milk Kefir, just follow the same procedure as with my Almond Milk kefir, to be found here: https://veganwealth.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/raw-happy-go-lucky-smoothie-and-almond-milk-kefir/
October 17, 2012 § Leave a comment
Long title, but good tasting loaf of bread!
Now, when the new season is finally setting in, replacing the months of summer;(I am very much a girl for the colder seasons!); I love getting a good daily run in the local forest where the escalating atrophy of its trees and plants are really starting to show, giving the whole forest an almost magical, ethereal feeling. Following my run (and a good, warm and long shower I should add), I love snuggling up in my apartment drinking tea and having warm, hearty soups and freshly baked bread for dinner. And maybe, just maybe I´ll enjoy this whilst watching an episode or two of Downton Abbey;-)
One thing I do not like, though; regardless of whether it is fall or summer, (or winter or spring for that matter); is half-empty-half-full bags of nuts & seeds filling up my kitchen shelves. So, in an attempt to both get rid of all the bits & pieces to crowd my kitchen cabinets, and getting something edible out of them, I have now spent a couple of hours in the kitchen scraping everything together. One of the results is this gluten-free wholegrain bread.
(Pictures to be posted here:)!)
- 75 grams of raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 25 grams of raw Sesame Seeds
- 240 grams of raw Flax Seeds (40 grams of which ground in to flour*)
- 2 deciliter of Oat Milk
- 3 T good-quality cold-pressed oil (I used rapeseed, which was what I had)
- approx.1140 grams of already-cooked, brown rice (odd number, but again; the point was to empty out the cupboards:))
- 1 T Psyllium Husk
- 12 tablespoons of water (*to be mixed in with the flax flour, creating a vegan egg-replacement)
- 2-3 teaspoons of Himalayan Salt
Start by grinding 4o grams out of the 240 grams of Flax Seeds into flour. In a bowl, whip the flour gently together with the water by using a whisk. Add then all the other ingredients to the bowl, and mix everything well together until you get a sticky paste. Pour the dough into a baking-sheet covered bread pan, and bake in oven for 60-70 minutes at 200 Celsius Degrees.