October 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
Another outcome of the cleaning-out-of-the-kitchen-cupboards event that took place in my kitchen yesterday; homemade, raw & gluten-free müsli with a sweet sweet aftertaste of luscious licorice! L-O-V-E!
(Photos to come here:)!)
Easy Raw Müsli;
- 75 grams Golden Flax Seeds
- 75 grams Sunflowers Seeds
- 75 grams Sesame Seeds
- 75 grams Shredded Coconut
- 150 grams Almonds, roughly chopped
- 100 grams Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 150 grams Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 80 grams Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 75 grams Pistachios, roughly chopped
- 200 grams Goji Berries
- 4 teaspoons Licorice Root Powder
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Powder
- 1 teaspoon Anise Seed Powder
- good pinch of Himalayan Salt
Chop all the nuts roughly, and mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Store in a tightly lid glass jar.
October 2, 2012 § Leave a comment
The coming Friday there is to be a big student party hosted by the School of Architecture at a venue here in town. The bar is called “Elephant-bar”, which, here in Denmark basically means that the students down lots of the infamous Elephant Beer, which is a type of beer with almost twice the alcohol amount as regular; same bottle size as your average beer bottle, just more of the hooch! Needless to say, the “Elephant-bar” quickly turns into a rather boozy experience for all participants! Luckily for me, I guess, with my PVFS and intolerance to gluten, I´m off the (elephant)-hook, as beer in general does not go too well over with my body;) Meaning, I am also off the hook with having the inevitable massive elephant-hangover the next morning! Hah! I plan on having a blast anyways, elephants or no elephants:)
As some sort of a soft pre-party for the event, me and my friend Kristian will be cooking and eating together at my place, indulging in some (very!)dry organic wine and lovely raw cuisine. I am thinking of whipping up some RAW Phad Thai, and a RAW chocolate mousse to go together with the following recipe, which I hope will be well received by my friend here. I guess I am rather positive it will be, actually, as Kristian is the most grateful and uncomplicated of dinner guests:) In preparation for friday, I, having a day off school today, thought I might try to make a part of the dessert before-hand, so as not having to do all the “un-cooking” AND getting elephant-ready friday afternoon! With a bit of free-styling, I ended up with this cheerful RAW Cherry (n)Ice Cream, and I am loving it! I am hoping the slightly sourly taste of the cherries would help balancing off the richness and sweetness of the chocolate mousse (I´ll post the end result saturday!)! Wish me luck!
(If you don´t have organic ingredients, do not worry about it, I am just slightly organic-fanatic:)!)
For the RAW Cheery-Cherry-(n)Ice Cream:
- 1 dl juice from organic, cheerful cherries (preferably freshly squeezed, and all the more cheerful)
- 1 dl full-fat organic coconut milk (preferably raw, if you can get that)
- 265 grams of frozen bananas (odd number, I know, but that was what I had stored in my fridge!)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder or approx. half a vanilla pod
- a pinch of Himalayan Salt
Just blend all ingredients well together in a blender, and store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!