RAW Choco Deluxe Smoothie
September 29, 2011 § 1 Comment
I woke up this morning feeling like I needed some extra sweetness to my usual, oatmeal breakfast, and made this RAW Choco Deluxe Smoothie. It is such a good, and, hold on: surprisingly healthy way to start the day, especially at days when you feel like you need the additional “sugar” to get yourself going, without turning to the more conventional sources that destabilizes your blood sugar levels and send them racing.
The recipe goes a little something like this:
- 1 deep-frozen banana (peeled and cut into smaller pieces before freezing)
- 1.5-1.75 deciliter Almond Milk (or any other nut milk)
- 3 teaspoons of RAW Cocoa Powder
- 0.5 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon Lucuma Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds (soak for approximately 20-30 mins) or 1 large teaspoon Lecithin Powder
Blend all the ingredients well together in a blender, and serve in a tall glass. Add more fluids if you find it too thick. I personally like a little bit of thickness to it, without it going all pudding-like. If you feel like adding the additional flare to it, you could sprinkle it with Gojis, Bee Pollen and RAW Cocoa nibs, as I have done here. You might not get all the sprinkle through your straw, but that will just give you a wonderful surprise in the end, and can easily be solved with the help of a spoon!