RAW Happy-Go-Lucky-Smoothie! and Almond Milk Kefir
October 4, 2012 § 1 Comment
For the Happy-Go-Lucky-Smoothie:
- 150 grams frozen organic bananas
- 50 grams frozen organic blueberries
- approx.3 dl of Almond Milk Kefir*
- a drop of Vanilla Extract
- 2 heaping(!) teaspoons of organic licorice powder
- 1 teaspoon of RAW Cacao Powder (to get most out of the antioxidants in the blueberries and the cacao; they´re a powerful duo!)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of RAW hemp seeds
- 1 T Chia Seeds
- a pinch of Himalayan Salt
Blend all ingredients together in a blender until perfectly smooth, and enjoy immediately in your favorite jar, sprinkled with plenty of Superpower toppings of your choice! I struggled deciding, and went for a total rainbow cocktail consisting of;
- Hemp Seeds
- Bee Pollen
* Almond Milk Kefir; As of lately I have been really obsessed with making almond milk kefir. The high level of the extremely-good-for you probiotics, makes Almond Milk Kefir (or any other nut milk kefir) a good addition to your superpower smoothies, as it aids in boosting your immune system, your metabolism and gives you a real energy kick! I´m hooked:)! And hey; it is also very good for your skin!
To make Almond Milk Kefir, I just empty 2-3 caps of probiotics into a bottle of Almond Milk, gently stir the probiotics in with the milk, fasten the lid of the bottle tightly, and let it magically turn into Kefir by leaving it on my kitchen counter in room temperature for 12 hours or overnight. Et voilá; Almond Milk Kefir! The next batch I will make, I´ll use so of the last batch´s living culture as a base for the new; approx.1 deciliter, which will produce an even more active culture!
For more on the topic of Kefir and its benefits, be sure to check out Health Coach Linda Wagner´s blog at; http://lindawagner.net/blog/2012/03/how-to-make-almond-milk-kefir/
BTW: If you did check out Linda Wagner´s blog on the topic; I like to make my kefir like the kefir I´m used to here in Scandinavia, which is really thick as full-fat milk! If you´re making the smoothie with Linda´s Kefir recipe, you might have to adjust the amount of liquid you put into it:)!